David Pirrotta's Summer Picks
Because I love to switch up my routine with the season, summer is no exception. I love light, earthy, cleansing, and hydrating products to keep me feeling refreshed and anew in the face of dry heat.
1. I’ve been starting off every single day with sacred white Temple Copal Incense. I spark it up as soon as I get back from a workout, and it feels like such a healing, cleansing ritual for my space every morning. It cleanses the air and the energy for the start of my day, and fills the void with an earthy power.
2. After I have my coffee, I jump in the shower and use my new favorite thing— my Flamingo Estate Invigorating body wash. As my home has an energetic cleanse, the clary sage and eucalyptus in this body wash make me feel reborn. It’s so energizing, and just feels like a purifying part of my morning ritual.
3. I’ve also been religiously using Sachajuan’s scalp scrub. The scent is super subtle and limited so it’s not overpowering, and leaves my scalp so fresh and light. I’m so invested in deeply cleansing and exfoliating my skin, and I’ve been wanting to take that commitment to skincare all the way to my scalp. Especially because my scalp and hair health are so important to me as time goes on, keeping the skin clear and soft has been a game changer for my hair health. It’s cleansing, and stimulating, and I’ve really noticed a difference in strengthening my follicles with not only the product but the massager applicator as well.
4. When I get out of the shower, before I put on all my products, I’ve been dabbing on this gorgeous new toning essence by Ode to Self. One of my favorite founders, Kimberly, made this line from her heart and soul and it shows. It really sets the tone for my skin to absorb all the powerful nutrients to come.
5. I really love using this amazing new serum by Saya called the Super Serum. It has tons of peptides in it that turn it this gorgeous blue hue, naturally. It’s also full of hyaluronic acid for plumping, and vitamin B and niacinamide for rejuvenation and healing of sun damage, because let’s admit it. I’m not going to stay out of the sun. I brought it with me on a spring trip to Mexico and I was so obsessed, I knew it’d become a summer staple for parched skin. It’s so beautiful, and so worth it.
6. We also just launched a new fragrance line called Maison Detto. Thanks to working so much with Patrick of Sigil Scent, I’ve gotten into much cleaner fragrances for myself. Durbin Jane is my ultimate favorite right now, because it’s got warm hints of sandalwood, amber, and orris, which is everything I love, but it also has a bright and bold pop of orangey citrus which really livens things up for the season.
I hope everyone is seeking newness, excitement, and exhilaration, not just in their products but in this next chapter as well!
Written by Nicole Lesmeister